Wednesday, February 29, 2012

the ceiling fan

A lot of times and pretty much 99% of the time growing up I would sleep with my older sister.  I got scared easy.

One of her favorite things was to have the ceiling fan going in her room whether it was winter or summer.  I asked her one time why she would have it on while it is 30 degrees outside and she told me that it was lulling and comforting to her when she was sleeping at night.  This memory has popped into my head because I'm sitting here in my livingroom with a floor fan going ... and I'm realizing the soothing sounds of the fan. 

It brings back so many memories.. good ones

Do you have a sent, or sound, or texture, that makes you go back in time?

Memory is the way of saying thank for what you have now...

1 comment:

  1. That's a very touching story, Jamie. Memories and/or their experiences can make a person smile in a unique way. But I was fascinated by how you remember your sister through your ceiling fan. Maybe you should have one at home. That way, you'll always remember the days when you and your sister were playing together.

    Staci Severns

    ReplyDelete