Monday, February 27, 2012

From Winter to Spring

Enjoy this guest blog poem from Joshua Smetzer, a poem that is refreshing for the heart.  And be sure to check out the blog he is a part of at http://www.thescandal.org/

From Winter to Spring

As winter draws to a close,
and spring is on the cusp of full bloom,
so too is my spiritual state.
As the winter freeze begins to thaw,
soften my heart, oh God.
May I resign these dark habits which harden my heart,
and may I soak in the love which You graciously shower on me.
With spring comes life anew,
a transition from the dead and dormant
into a new phase bursting forth with life.
I have fallen idle in Your ways,
hibernating on the faith I had already gathered for myself.
I grew, but only for a season,
and fell prey to thinking I had attained enough to get me by.
And like nature in winter,
I became dormant, waiting for a later season.
Spring is now knocking on the door,
as are you Lord.
Will I answer the call and let you bring me into full bloom,
or will I fail to transition with the seasons and die in my ways.
Take tender care of me oh God,
and nurture me along the way.
This transition is never easy,
but life in the spring of Your love and grace is oh so beautiful.

2 comments: