Wednesday, March 7, 2012

biannual church: EASTER ADVENTURE

As a small child, I didn't go to church much.. here and there.  But there is one year I remember going on an Easter Sunday. 

I brought my stuffed Easter bunny that the Easter bunny brought himself to my basket in my living room.  It came with me to church.  I think I was in preschool or kindergarten and I didn't know anybody.  I started crying... A LOT!  I remember the teacher asking if I put my bunny aside and I cried harder... I ended up staying really quiet due to the agreement that the teacher let me keep my bunny in my lap.  I don't remember too much, but what I DO remember was coloring a picture of Jesus coming out of the grave and I made it really colorful.

I thought this Jesus was a little different than what I had ever heard, and the picture was interesting to me... of course I didn't think much more about it at that age, but it did stick with me.

So those who go to as many functions as possible with a church three times a week, more power to ya.  But even those who visit on holidays like Easter and Christmas:  you are stepping into an adventure that will stick with you.  It did for me... it got me intrigued.

No comments:

Post a Comment