Friday, March 9, 2012

Locker Combinations and Living as a Believer

My coworker, the other day, had something of mine in his locker.  I asked for his combination ... and his answer was "I dunno.. I just turn the padlock out of habbit... I think its..."

This got me thinking ... what if we are like this in our daily lives as a Believer and Follower in the Lord Jesus... we are so use to the motions that we forgot the deeper concept of it, or what the actually answers are to our problems.

So this is a simple analogy to share with you, but to apply it to my life it made me think even harder.

Very Important:  I get so caught up with life that I start losing my joy...and when I'm singing hymns of praise and worship... am I singing it because I know it well and it sounds pretty?  Those words... they usually are powerful... to stop and think about it, changes some perspective...

So my challenge is to you that you don't grow knumb to what you've learned, be open and alert.. don't do things out of habbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment